Be Fabulous, Be Happy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Be Fabulous, Be Happy

Where life is brightful.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Amber Chronicles Roger Zelazny

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
milana

milana

Amber Chronicles  Roger Zelazny Empty
PostSubject: Amber Chronicles Roger Zelazny   Amber Chronicles  Roger Zelazny Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Smile

Last edited by milana on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jersey_Fierce
Admin
Jersey_Fierce

PostSubject: Re: Amber Chronicles Roger Zelazny   Amber Chronicles  Roger Zelazny Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 pm

This seems so cool! I didn't know this author at all Smile Nice discovery.

Back to top Go down
https://sur-mon-petit-nuage.forumotion.com
milana

milana

PostSubject: Re: Amber Chronicles Roger Zelazny   Amber Chronicles  Roger Zelazny Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Roger Zelazny wasn't the first writer who developed the theory of parallel worlds and used it in his book,the first one was Jorge Lois Borges who in 1941 wrote a esse "The Garden of forking paths",he used the concept of parallel universes before the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics had been developed.The next time I will tell about the plot itself.
Jorge Lois Borges 1899-1986
Amber Chronicles  Roger Zelazny 240px-10
Back to top Go down
Jersey_Fierce
Admin
Jersey_Fierce

PostSubject: Re: Amber Chronicles Roger Zelazny   Amber Chronicles  Roger Zelazny Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:19 pm

I love stories about parallel worlds!!! I used to watch Stargate, you see. It's a tv-show about parallel worlds as well, with mythological stories too. I will probably buy this book now that I've read what it tells about Very Happy
Back to top Go down
milana

milana

PostSubject: Re: Amber Chronicles Roger Zelazny   Amber Chronicles  Roger Zelazny Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Smile

Last edited by milana on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
milana

milana

PostSubject: Re: Amber Chronicles Roger Zelazny   Amber Chronicles  Roger Zelazny Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:07 pm

favorite book

Last edited by milana on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
milana

milana

PostSubject: Re: Amber Chronicles Roger Zelazny   Amber Chronicles  Roger Zelazny Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:01 pm

Main characters

Corwin-a Prince of Amber,he is the son of Oberon and Faiella,Corwin and his family spend a great deal of their time plotting against one another,and they thrive on intrigue and politics.The primary focus oftheir conspiracies is the throne of Amber.
Corwin is the eldest heir to the throne with a legitimate claim. His older brother Eric, while born to the same mother, is technically a bastard because at that time Oberon and Faiella were unmarried. All other older siblings are either excluded on other technicalities or dead, although Corwin commented that his eldest brother Benedict would be unchallenged if he wished to take the throne. It should be noted that the matter of succession is hotly contested within the family, particularly during the prolonged absence of Oberon, and that the version above is Corwin's interpretation.

Corwin has dark hair and green eyes.. His colours are black and silver (alternately gray), and his symbol is a silver rose. Corwin's favoured weapon is his sword Grayswandir, and his use of magic is extremely limited. Some of his siblings exceed him in skill at arms (Benedict), strength (GĂ©rard), and magic (Brand, Fiona, Bleys), but Corwin is an innovator and a quick thinker. He is also boasts remarkable regeneration abilities, even among his siblings. While Corwin possesses a personal code of honor, this does not extend to "courtly virtue", and he is willing to employ subterfuge to defeat an opponent. While his father Oberon was still ruling in Amber, Corwin fought a duel (or, as Corwin referred to it later, "a simultaneous decision to murder each other") with Eric and nearly died. Nine Princes in Amber is a Fantasy Novel and the first in The Chronicles of Amber series by Roger Zelazny. Eric, fearing their father's wrath, dumped Corwin in Elizabethan England during the time of black plague.Corwin recovered from the plague but he suffered brain damage causing amnesia.He proceeded to live out several hundred years of Earth's history as a soldier of fortune until the 1970s, when he was in a car accident and confined to a clinic. Waking with no memories at all, Corwin escapes and makes contact with his family, using them to return to Amber and finally regain his past.

Once Corwin's memory returns, we learn that he is far from saintly. Like his siblings, he has created his own kingdom in Shadow to rule, calling it Avalon, and in doing so has cast shadows of himself and his kingdom around. While the original Avalon has been destroyed, in the shadow Avalons his name is reviled for cruelty and arrogance. As Benedict says of the Avalon that he has adopted, acting as Lord Protector, "young boys are not named Corwin here, nor am I brother to anyone of that name". Even in Lorraine, the shadow of a shadow where he first encounters the forces of Chaos, he is remembered as a tyrant and butcher. It seems that his centuries on Earth have somehow mellowed his character, if not his ambition.
I still have no Corwin's portret but I will draw him no doubt,one day....I try to imagine him,dark hair,green eyes,his specific grin....here are two actors who look like him I guess,
Goran VisnjicAmber Chronicles  Roger Zelazny Screen12

and
Hugh JackmanAmber Chronicles  Roger Zelazny Screen13
Back to top Go down
milana

milana

PostSubject: Re: Amber Chronicles Roger Zelazny   Amber Chronicles  Roger Zelazny Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:51 pm

yes very interesting

Last edited by milana on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:00 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jersey_Fierce
Admin
Jersey_Fierce

PostSubject: Re: Amber Chronicles Roger Zelazny   Amber Chronicles  Roger Zelazny Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Those drawing are gorgeous :love: :love: :love:

And Goran........... UNF :angel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amber Chronicles Roger Zelazny   Amber Chronicles  Roger Zelazny Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Amber Chronicles Roger Zelazny
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Be Fabulous, Be Happy :: Things you love :: Books-
Jump to: